Southampton Community Tennis is a project aimed at delivering city centre tennis opportunities to the whole community in a range of innovative and exciting ways. This includes, but is not limited to, working with schools, community centres, halls, leisure centres and park sites, often in disadvantaged areas. The focus is on providing outreach opportunities to as many groups as possible, delivered through partnerships with key stakeholders.
Some of the many ways in which we deliver tennis opportunities include:
- Tennis sessions in community centres, halls and / or MUGAs
- After-school clubs
- Multisport sessions for youth / adult disability groups
- Fun days in city centre parks
- Information stands and activity zones in shopping centres / supermarkets
- Running mini tennis zones at community events
- Multiskills sessions in community centres, youth clubs, etc.
Current relationships and partners include:
- Hampshire & IOW LTA
- Sport Hampshire & IOW
- Southampton City Council - Housing Services
- Southampton LTA
- Southampton Children's Play Association
- Sport Solent
Whilst the majority of our work is delivered on partners' sites, all children and adults who participate are offered access to our community programmes at their local facility.
For further information, or to discuss a partnership with Southampton Community Tennis, please email email@example.com or call 023 8066 7532.
Southampton Community Tennis was originally made possible due to a kind donation from the Fuggle family, establishing the George Fuggle Memorial Fund in memory of a local coach who dedicated his life to developing tennis in Southampton. The fund provided a variety of outreach opportunities to thousands of local people between 2008 and 2012, and established the principles behind Southampton Community Tennis.